Thing 1: Blogger

Hello and welcome to my blog!

My name is Sam Richmond and I created this blog as a reflective account of my participation in the SSSC 23 Things: Digital - 8 week challenge. The first of the 23 'Things' involved setting up this blog. 

The 23 Things challenge offers a framework for evidencing professional development, promoting digital literacy and bridging the divide between digital technology and the Scottish social care sector. The first task of setting up a blog actually proved quite difficult for me; I have a very limited digital presence and don't currently engage with any of the traditional social media platforms that many people participate in as a matter of routine. By stepping out of my comfort zone and familiarising myself with a previously unfamiliar platform, I am taking the first steps towards enhancing my own digital capabilities and cultivating a positive attitude towards digital communication. I hope to use this challenge to deepen my understanding of the relationship between a digitally literate social services workforce and the provision of quality person-centred care. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 3: Why Digital?

Thing 14: Email